Greg's Automotive is in search of an experienced auto technician. The job includes basic diagnosis and repair of all types on most makes and models. Thorough inspections and recommendations are required.
Greg's Automotive has been in business for over 41 years and counting. We have 2 locations and are well equipped with a large and ever growing special tools collection. We are family run by the original founder and his wife. Our shops are open 5 days a week, no weekends, have excellent management skills and a firm understanding of what makes for happy and content employees and clients. We work as a team so no one is left out to dry on the tough ones.
Both of our shops are AAA approved, Greg's for over 35 years. We are a Star test and repair smog station. We don't oversell and pay our technicians fairly.
When working for our company, you responsibilities are:
- To arrive on time, get ready for work and ask any questions you need to about your work assignments from the service manager.
- Properly and thoroughly diagnose the reported customer concern to the best of your ability, every time.
- To do a thorough inspection of every vehicle you are assigned. Tire pressures, tread remaining and all safety issues being noted.
- Briefing the service adviser of your findings and giving a thorough list of recommendations, and as complete a list as is possible of parts needed for the recommended repairs.
- To road test both before and after repairs, noting any further deficiencies.
- To do any needed and sold repairs and maintenance services in a workmanlike manner and to industry and shop standards.
- Be neat and tidy in your workplace and on the vehicles you service.
- Ask coworkers for help when needed and render help when asked.
The requirements of the job are as follows.
- You must have a minimum of 3 years hands on professional experience.
- You must have a valid drivers license and be insurable as well as have a dependable method to get to work.
- You should be able to write neatly enough that others can read your writing.
- Certifications and other state licenses are highly desirable.
- You should understand that cell phone usage, except in emergency situations, is highly frowned upon and discouraged.
- Treat all coworkers, supervisors and clients with respect. Look and act professionally.
Greg's Automotive offers the following:
- Fair and generous pay. It takes the form of an hourly guarantee Plus a flag hour bonus based on experience and ability. My techs regularly make $60-70 K annually. The potential for higher earnings is there if you are a very good diagnostician.
- Two weeks paid vacation after the first year of service.
- 7 paid holidays per year.
- Three health care options with a modest co-pay by the employee.
- Access to a large library of on-line training videos as well as some paid training on special subjects.
To apply, please complete the form below, including your resume. On your resume, please also include your time at each job and reasons for moving on. Applications are kept confidential until you okay contact with present or previous employers. You may make an appointment by give us a call, but please send the resume first.